3/4 cup sliced almonds
3/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1-1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
Heat the oven to 400°.
1. Combine almonds and coconut: spread in thin layer over bottom of buttered 9"x12" pan.
2. In saucepan, melt butter, then blend in remaining ingredients.
3. Cook without stirring, until mixture reaches the soft crack stage (290°).
4. Remove from heat and pour gently over almonds and coconut.
5.Cool, then break into pieces.
6. Store in air tight container.
Makes approximately 1 pound of candy.