Do you have a cookie recipe
you'd like to share?
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe by Grandma Tjepke
Courtesy of Lodi News-Sentinel
Renee Galantine said her grandmother always enjoyed making cookies and pies. Her husband's grandmother
enjoyed making fruit cakes but she and her husband always enjoyed her recipe for sweet bread. Galantine said she
has been on a mission to archive all recipes from her grandmother and great-grandmother and well as her
husband's family to preserve them for their families to come.
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 cups butter
3 eggs and pinch of salt
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup crushed corn flakes
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup nuts (optional) flour, enough to make soft dough (3 to 3 1/2 cups)
1. Mix sugars and butter together.
2. Beat eggs and add to sugars.
3. Add oatmeal, corn flakes and mix well.
4. Add vanilla, chocolate chips, nuts and flour to make soft dough.
5. Add soda, baking powder, salt and mix.
6. Bake at 350 degrees until done.
NOTE: From Recipes With a Story editor - I usually mix dry ingredients together first, but did not want to alter the recipe. Sounds like a great mix for cookies!