This is a delicious Potato Casserole that will be perfect with any meat. The leftovers would be perfect for lunch.
2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup sour cream
1 egg, beaten
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 medium green onion, chopped (white and green parts)
4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled vey small
1. Place water in large saucepan. Add potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cook about 20 minutes until potaoes are tender.
2. Grease a 9 inch square baking dish. Set aside.
3. Drain potatoes and put in large bowl. Mix in butter, sour cream, egg, salt and pepper.
4. Mash with potato masher until blended. If mixture is dry add more sour cream or a little milk.
5. Stir in chopped green onion and crumbled bacon.
6. Spoon into baking dish. Bake at 350° uncovered 25 minutes until golden brown.