1 cup raisins
1 cup dried apricots
1/2 cup nonfat milk
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1/3 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons liquid milk
1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
1/3 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
1. Chop raisins and apricots coarsely, and set aside.
2. Mix together dry milk, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
3. Stir in whole-wheat flour and wheat germ.
4. In separate bowl, cream together margarine and peanut butter. Add brown sugar while continuing to cream until
mixture is fluffy.
5. Add egg, and beat well.
6. Add vanilla, and mix well.
7. Add dry ingredients slowly, alternating with liquid milk.
8. Stir in oats and sunflower seeds. Dough will be very stiff. Work in dried fruits until they are well distributed.
9. Place a heaping tablespoon of dough on greased baking sheet, and spread into a 3-inch
circle for each cookie.
10. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
Let cookies remain on baking sheets about 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool.
Makes 12 cookies.