Raspberry Coffee Cake
This recipe is from Maine. It is a wonderful recipe to share with guests in the summertime when Maine is overflowing with raspberries. Of course raspberries grow wild in many parts of the country. It is a colorful crumb topped coffee cake.
1-1/4 cup sugar, divided
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
2 cups biscuit /baking mix
2/3 cup milk 2 eggs
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cold butter
1. In a saucepan, combine 1 cup of sugar and cornstarch.
2. Add raspberries and bring to a boil over medium heat.
3. Boil 2 minutes stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, eggs, oil and remaining sugar. Mix well.
6. Spread 2/3 of the batter into a greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking pan.
7. Spread with raspberry mixture.
8. Spoon remaining batter over the top.
9. For topping, combine pudding mix and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly and sprinkle over batter.
Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Makes 12 servings.