1/2 cup shortening or margarine
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon orange rind
13/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Cream shortening, sugar and egg together.
2. In another bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients.
3. Add the dry mixture to the egg mixture. Stir well.
4. Chill 30-60 minutes.
5. Roll on a floured surface until very thin.
6. Cut with seasonal cookie cutters.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes.
8. Either sprinkle with colored sugar before baking, or
decorate with frosting after they are cool.
Makes about 36 cookies.