Do you have a story about fudge
or a recipe you'd like to share?
Recipe from Lorette Desrochers
St. Johnsbury, Vermont
2 cups maple syrup
1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
3/4 cup thin cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup nuts coarsely chopped
1. Combine syrups and cream in saucepan and place on low flame.
2. Stir constantly until it boils.
3. Continue cooking without stirring until soft ball stage (236 degrees).
4. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
5. Beat until mixture thickens and loses its gloss.
6. Add vanilla and nuts.
7. Pour at once onto 8 in. buttered pan.
8. When cool, cut into squares.